Metro Atlanta’s theater stages receive a dusting of holiday sugar (and, in a few cases, spice) in December. But many of them get right back to their usual business as soon as the holidays are over.
Here are highlights of their January offerings:
- The Atlanta Shakespeare Company is first out of the gate with “The Merry Wives of Windsor,” Jan. 1-Feb. 1. www.shakespearetavern.com.
- Georgia Ensemble Theatre in Roswell opens “One Slight Hitch,” a comedy from Lewis Black, on Jan. 8 for a run through Jan. 25. get.org.
- Aurora Theatre in Lawrenceville remounts its hit staging of “Les Misérables,” Jan. 15-March 1. www.auroratheatre.com.
- Broadway in Atlanta brings “Newsies,” a musical based on the 1992 film, to the Fox Theatre on Jan. 20-25. foxtheatre.org.
- The Alliance Theatre presents the world premiere of the musical “Tuck Everlasting,” based on the novel by Natalie Babbitt, for a Jan. 21-Feb. 22 run. alliancetheatre.org.
- Actor’s Express stages the comedy “Bad Jews” from Jan. 22 to Feb. 22. www.actors-express.com.
- The Larry Larson-Eddie Levi Lee comedy “Waffle Palace” returns for a second encore at Horizon Theatre Company Jan. 23. www.horizontheatre.com.