by Eileen Falkenberg-Hull
“The Walking Dead” fans are gathering in downtown Atlanta this weekend for the annual Walker Stalker Con event. Want to join in on the fun? Here’s what you need to know.
Event Dates: Oct. 30-Nov. 1, 2015
Event Hours: 3-8 p.m. Friday
10:30 a.m.– 6 p.m. Saturday
10:30 a.m. – 5 p.m. Sunday
Walker Stalker Con is fully contained within the Georgia World Congress Center, adjacent to Philips Arena and The Georgia Dome.
With Mercedes-Benz Stadium under construction, parking around the Georgia World Congress Center is extremely limited. If you are planning on driving, Parking Panda is allowing attendees to reserve parking spots ahead of time online here.
By rail, riders are able to arrive at the World Congress Center via the gold line’s Dome/GWCC/Philips Arena/CNN Center Station.
MARTA bus riders can take Route 51 to the corner of Marietta Street at Park Avenue N.W. for the closest drop-off point.
The Atlanta Hawks play next door to the Georgia World Congress Center, at Philips Arena, at 8 p.m. Friday and 2 p.m. Sunday. When that traffic is combined with Walker Stalker Con traffic, you can expect the area around Centennial Olympic Park to be extremely busy with vehicle and pedestrian traffic.
The con isn’t just about the convention floor. There are many special events featured as part of Walker Stalker Con including:
- Tate Steinsiek’s Bringing the Dead to Life, 4 p.m. Friday
- Blindsided by The Walking Dead, 8 p.m. Friday
- Friday Casino Night: Dark Dealings, 8 p.m. Friday
- Trick or Treating, 2-6 p.m. Saturday
- Saturday After Party: Necrosis 2.0, 9 p.m. Saturday
- Andrew Lincoln Panel, 11 a.m. Sunday
- TWD Viewing & Live Podcast, 9 p.m. Sunday
Tickets are available for each day of the event and admission prices are $35 for Friday, $55 for Saturday and $45 for Sunday. Two-day passes are on sale for $90 each. Three-day passes are $120. General admission tickets are still available.
Walker Stalker Con organizers recommend printing your ticket and bringing it with you to the event.
General admission tickets do not include any autographs or photo-op sessions. To purchase your autograph or photo-op tickets click here.
Children 10 and younger receive free admission when accompanied by a ticketed adult. Two children are admitted free with every adult ticket holder.
How to get free tickets
If you are a member of the military or law enforcement personnel, you can receive a walk-up tickets for free on the day of the event by showing your ID.
The lineup of Walker Stalker Con Atlanta features some of the industry’s biggest stars including:
- Andrew Lincoln, Rick in “The Walking Dead”
- Norman Reedus, Daryl in “The Walking Dead”
- Michael Rooker, “The Walking Dead” and “Guardians of the Galaxy”
- Ian Somerhalder, Damon in “The Vampire Diaries”
- Robert Englund, Freddy in “A Nightmare on Elm Street”
- Giancarlo Esposito, Gus in “Breaking Bad”
- Jason Mewes, Jay from “Jay and Silent Bob”
- Denis O’Hare, “True Blood” and “American Horror Story”
- Max Thieriot, Dylan Massett, “Bates Motel”